About The Pitch Doctor
WHO'S THE DOCTOR?
The Pitch Doctor is Paul Boross — and he is passionate about communication.
Drawing on a career that has seen him move from primetime TV and stand-up comedy to trans-Atlantic development deals, media consultancy and motivational psychology, Boross has worked with such power players as the BBC, Google and MTV, training executives from the worlds of business and media in a range of communication, presentation, storytelling, performance and pitching skills. He has also coached several household names, including Virgin chief Sir Richard Branson, top BBC newscasters and headline comedians.
The Pitch Doctor's frontline experience of performance — his credits include a 12-year stint at London's legendary Comedy Store, hosting the primetime BBC series Speed Up Slow Down, and hit records and world tours with his band Morris Minor And The Majors — coupled with a strong commercial grounding has proved to be a powerful combination, enabling him to deliver effective and focused learning solutions to clients from across the industry spectrum.
Helping The Pitch Doctor in this mission is an experienced team of trainers and executive coaches, hand picked for their enthusiasm, energy and balance of skills. Between them, Boross and his core trainers have experience of just about every business sector, from banking to building; from politics to the performance arts; from the National Health to international media.
Boross is also founder and managing director of training company BIG SKY and music-production studios MB Productions. He regularly lectures around the world for the Entertainment Master Class.
Television and radio credits
- Presented the primetime BBC2 series Speed Up Slow Down, which focused on time management and psychology.
- Appeared in ITV's Wannabe, advising young people on the psychology of breaking into the TV and the music businesses.
- Appearances in BBC1's The Politics Show.
- Regular contributor to Radio Five Live and BBC Radio London.
Music and comedy credits
- Headline act at London's The Comedy Store, where he performed for over 12 years.
- Founded, with Tony Hawks, the comedy band Morris Minor And The Majors, whose number-one hits included Stutter Rap and This Is The Chorus.
- One half of the comedy singing duo The Calypso Twins with Ainsley Harriott, which had a major turntable hit with World Party.
- Regular guest appearances with The Comedy Store Players on improvisation nights (with Paul Merton and Josie Lawrence, among others).
- Trained with Mike Myers (Saturday Night Live; Wayne's World; Austin Powers) in advanced improvisation skills.
- Licensed trainer in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Licensed Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Licensed Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Licensed NLP Hypnosis Practitioner (SNLP)
- Licensed Health Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Diploma in Teaching Excellence (Matrix)
- Diploma in the Application of Direct and Indirect Hypnosis in Consultation and Treatment (SOMNLP)
- Licensed Practitioner of Persuasion Engineering (SNLP)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (Newcastle College)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (Newcastle College)
- PhD in Meta Physics (ULC California)
- Certificate in Coaching Mastery (Michael Neil; Genius Catalyst)
- UK Athletics Licensed Coach (Level 2)
- Medical NLP Trainer (Guy's Hospital, Kings College Hospital, St Thomas' Hospital (GKT)
- Licensed by the Society of NLP